In addition to developing unique tungsten carbide grades, we have the expertise and manufacturing competence to create customer-specific cemented carbide rods.
We can accommodate your special requests regarding length; diameter; or number, shape, and position of the cooling holes.
Versatile custom-made cemented carbide products
We can manufacture the special cemented tungsten carbide rods needed for your application and can accommodate a wide range of special requests. Customization options include:
- Customized length
- Customized diameter tolerance
- Shape, number, and position of the cooling holes
- Variability of helix (0 - 65°) especially for blanks with short pitches of 6 to 7 mm and shorter for micro drills
- Kidney-shaped or lenticular-shaped cooling channels in blanks for deep hole drills
- Reduced pitch tolerances (classification possible) for blanks up to 550 mm for helical cooling channels
- Lengths up to 550 mm for rods with helical coolant channels and 900 mm for rods with parallel cooling channels or solid rods
- Rod diameters from 3.0 to 34 mm for rods with a length of 330 mm and diameters up to 55 mm for rods with a length of up to 200 mm with straight cooling channels
- Coolant hole diameter minimums from 0.08 mm and maximums of ½ of the rod diameter
- Right-hand or left-hand helical twists
- Helical twist pitches of up to 72° possible
- Lateral exit holes > 0.3 mm and in forward or backward orientation
- Lateral exit holes with diameters, angles, and locations to meet your needs.
Please fill out the form below to speak to a product expert about how we can produce the special product you need.